Monday 3 September 2007

How important are services?

Fluv has closed down.

I find it strange, but justified, that service-providers whom I've had bad experiences with do run into trouble or end up winding up business a few years down the road.

Golden Horse Award:
The gown-designer Spencer treated me shabbily when I went down for my gown-designing sessions. In the end, he gave me an awfully simple dress with thick shoulder straps as a made-to-measure gown.
His retribution: he was fired by the company after he was complained by brides whose money was cheated by him.

Hotel Regent:
They committed some, in my opinion, detrimental mistakes on our actual wedding day. I went online to complain about the glitches they made.
Their retribution: there was a big hoo-ha on the costs a couple had to pay over a dishevelled bridal suite in The New Paper when other hotels, when interviewed, said that they would absorb those charges. Subsequently, there were other brides who complained that the hotel's wedding coordinators often disappear suddenly, just when they need them most.

A certain photographer from Chris Ling:
He exhibited undesirable attitudes and 'sian sian' look at my wedding. He didn't even take photos of some very important details. I went online to complain about him.
His retribution: Other brides posted similar comments and some had worse experiences than I. He left Chris Ling to set up his own company.

Fluv:
Justin was condescending in his attitude when he realised that I didn't take to his taste COMPLETELY. He was impatient and made me feel like an extra in front of his assistants ie. "Yes?" with an upturned nose.
His retribution: Other brides had the same sentiments about his services and his shop closed down recently, owing to the 'hike in rental fees', which in my and others' opinion is quite unbelievable.


Most people would think that these people treat everybody in the same horrid way and that's why they run into trouble sooner or later. Sometimes I wonder if it's the 'prophet' side of me at work though. In any case, I feel that what they get is utterly appropriate, justified.

No comments: