Monday 24 February 2020

Of (Others) Posting Others' Pictures and Private Conversations Online

Have you ever seen people posting their spats online?

Some low-down ones actually post pictures of the ones they quarrel with or screenshots of their exchanges.

I find such methods low-down because it speaks of the kind of shady person they are.

Unless you have been harbouring thoughts or planning to attack this person you have exchanges with, a normal person would not screenshot these supposedly private conversations or private pictures and later on, splash them out on the internet, just to 'prove' he or she is right.

That is why I do not post pictures of people I have lousy encounters with even if I had saved their pictures or even conversations in my handphone.

I feel that pictures are personal. My pictures on this blog are personal. I am only sharing all my ugly Ultherapy pictures for the purpose of sharing my experience with the treatment for the benefit of those who are in the same dilemma as me before I took the leap of faith. In the event someone grabs these pictures and posts them on some forum or places I would be surprised to see them at, I would have no complaints. It speaks volumes about these people's character rather than mine.

Someone was telling me that I have 'scared' a bitch so much that she has hidden all her pictures from the internet. I laughed.

Is she afraid of me posting her pictures here?

I would never do that. I just wanted to put a face to the very insecure person who had been backstabbing me despite me not knowing her at all. That's all.

Posting pictures of someone on the internet has far-reaching effects and consequences. And I equate the acts to cyber-bullying.

I won't want anyone to take my pictures and post them somewhere else even though I have foolishly expose myself to such possibilities.

I save people's pictures or conversations for my own reference, often for only a private conversation between my friends and me. I am a private person, so I understand what privacy is to a normal person like me. 

And why would anyone need to screenshot a conversation between he and an acquaintance if the conversation is not part of some intelligence ploy?

Is the person who screenshot so untrustworthy that he has to screenshot the conversation just to prove that what he said is valid?

I simply say,"This guy has said this, this and this ... to me."

I would not say,"Look, these are what he said!" and show others a series of screenshot.

I think the person whose words were screenshot would be flabbergasted and felt entirely betrayed to find the private conversation splashed all over the internet.

To me, when people post screenshots of conversations - unless the conversations have been abusive, my first suspicion is often on the person who post them because it tells me more about the character of the poster than the person who was 'betrayed'.

I believe most of us do not word our messages according to this fear of 'what if one day this person decides to post our conversation online?" and we tend to be candid and frank. Our messages do not represent us - our tone, our intonation, our intentions, our positions, even our thoughts - very well, most of the time. I often adopt the devil's advocate or stand with the underdogs for my virtual representative on different platforms but it does not mean that is what I really stand for. I just feel that there are times when the minorities need a voice or a number when they constantly get hit down. Most people are more comfortable standing with the majority and they enjoy triumphing in numbers. To me, winning by numbers is often not a real win. Getting people to see the other side of the story is.

But of course, most people don't even want to see the other side that they are not on. 

No comments: