Wednesday 12 June 2019

My First Lap

I had overestimated my sense of self-control when I said 'I am back'. I thought getting back to blogging would be easy but it proved to take more discipline than I had imagined. 

I found myself not being able to sit at the messy table to tidy up my thoughts. I found myself too tired to string proper sentences together to tell stories of my life. I found myself too busy (when I have a lot more free time now) ... etc etc. Excuses, excuses!

I came across the small and portable 12-inch MacBook recently and thought: this could be my gateway to blogging again! I have developed this love to sit at Starbucks but most of the time, I sit there idly and play with my handphone. I'd thought I might as well put the time to better use.

I also realised that the years are short. So short that I can't recall many details for the time that I didn't blog. I haven't documented my thoughts, feelings and events in my life for the time I was absent from the blogging world.

So I decided to throw in my $2275 (with Apple Care and a $29 adaptor) for this:
People who don't know why I do this would assume I am a spendthrift but I am past caring about what others think.

For the time when I had not been blogging, I was surprised to have still received comments which I could read from my emails.

Wouldn't my blog be lost in oblivion? I understand that a link wouldn't appear in Google search unless it has been clicked on for a reasonable number of times so it surprises me how anyone would be able to see this poor little blog given that it's been so neglected.

I thought I should make an effort to revive my blog. Not for anyone, but for myself when I am old and need a walk down the memory lane.

No comments: