Saturday 6 July 2019

A Review on Shamrock Hotel

This is my second time staying at Shamrock Hotel.

For those who already know me, I am a fussy aunty. To get me to stay at the same hotel, you really gotta be good.

When I say 'good', it certainly doesn't mean that the hotel is luxurious. I find it foolish to spend an obscene amount of cash on a luxury hotel when you spend more than 10 hours outside of it. And of course, I don't have that kind of money to throw away for a family of four.
We took A21 bus from the airport and alighted at Stop Number 12

The bus has an LCD panel which states the names of various hotels at different stops. 
Shamrock Hotel was one of them.

The bus

Took about 50 minutes to get us to the bus stop opposite Shamrock Hotel

Across the road

It ran out of family rooms by the time I booked it on Agoda.

I booked 2 rooms with double beds. 


Amenities and facilities were in order

Nice bathtub for a modest room

After my unpleasant experience with the tiny room on one of my Hong Kong trips, I searched for hotels with more spacious rooms. Location was the priority but room space was the next major concern. A too-small room makes you feel claustrophobic and it's hard to move around. When you get back from out there after one whole day, the last thing you want is to be frustrated by the small space which limits your movement in the room.

This hotel is just a shop away from Jordan MTR. It is a stone's throw away from a few famous eats ie. Australian Dairy Company, Mak's Noodles and Mak Man Kee Noodle Shop.

It is also a short walk to Temple Street Night Market.

Most important of all, Jordan MTR is central to many tourist attractions. It's highly accessible to these places and all the good eats in Mong Kok, Wan Chai, Central etc.

The staff are polite and communicate in English. They take their initiatives to meet your needs. For example, the bell boy asked me what time I had to be at the airport and suggested that I should take a cab so that time would not be so tight. He could even tell me exactly how much the fares were between a cab and the bus for a trip to the airport.

The hotel is also affordable. It cost me just $750 for 4 nights for 3 adults and 1 child.

No beautiful view. In fact, I think the window was locked, but that didn't bother me. We were given the second floor and it didn't matter to me either. I was not there to admire the skyline of Hong Kong.

My priorities were:

- location
- affordability
- room spaciousness

If you are like me looking for just the above, Shamrock Hotel would be perfect.

No comments: