Friday 4 January 2008

Crazy morning

Whew! It's been a messy morning.

The day started with me walking towards the MRT station and William called me to tell me he was locked in the house. I had to go back to open the door for him. I was quite grouchy because it kinda spoiled my morning.

At my workplace, I only got to collect some reading test papers this very morning, and I just got to know that the 'banding' that they mentioned is not what I thought it was. This particular test has a banding system on its own and nobody's told me about it! And I didn't even know that this test comes with a reading passage on which students are not supposed to write on - if that's the case, then for goodness' sake, DON'T PRINT 'NAME', 'CLASS' AND 'DATE' ON THE COVER PAGE!!! At the same time, I had to sort out the issues of a missing class' deskcopies while struggling to verify if the old '3A' represent the current '3 Persistence' and so on.

And I don't know what's got into me. I kept thinking that 12th has passed and so I threw away the old timetable which is supposed to be valid until today. I went to the wrong class, just to have my department head telling me that we are to follow the old timetable still. I just came back from another class I was supposed to be at but wasn't because I don't have my timetable with me, and I was late for the class for 25 mins when it's a 30-min lesson!

And in the hall, right after the morning assembly, a student's mother wanted to know what her immobile son was to do during P.E., and another child with a bleeding mouth came to me, asking me what to do with his tooth that's about to drop out! And you have some idiots who raise their hands in the hall just to tell you they don't have a partner when the arrangement is not supposed to be like that in the first place, and they just have to do it when your vp is standing right beside them!

It's been a really crazy morning.

No comments: