Wednesday 27 January 2010

Lousy service at Swensens Yishun

Last night, I had the most unpleasant experience at Swensen's Yishun.

I had been going to Swensens to have my dinner a few times a week to relieve that pent-up frustration of needing to stay in school for long hours.

I have always preferred the branch at Causeway Point. For some reason, I always thought that they had the most generous serving of their baked rice, unlike other branches. Theirs are always filled up to the brim, always spilling over, and their service seems to be much better than other branches'. I remember when I was heavy in my pregnancy and queueing up for dinner, one of the waiters or managers brought me a chair so that I could sit down while waiting. I thought that was thoughtful.

Last night, the waitress kept getting our orders wrong.

Coco asked for '2' salmon baked rice. Only one came.

I thought perhaps this branch was unusual, so I waited for another 10 minutes before I felt something was amiss. I enquired with a lady in red, presumably to be the manager, if the slip given to us had indicated that it was only for 1 baked rice. She didn't answer my question. Instead, she asked,"What was your order?"

Without any apology, she went to key in my order of 1 more baked rice.

By the time my baked rice was there, 25 minutes had passed since we stepped into the restaurant and Baby was getting restless.

After our baked rice, Coco and I wanted a bowl of mushroom soup. We couldn't get anybody to attend to us despite Coco raising, and even waving her hand frantically. The waiters simply walked past us without looking at her. She ran up to the lady in red and asked for a bowl of mushroom soup. The lady in red asked,"2 bowls of mushroom soup?" Coco insisted,"No, 1. 1!"

When William came in, I ordered a bowl of Rodeo Wings and Prawn Dippers. When the order finally arrived, it wasn't Prawn Dippers. It was something with a 'Dip'.

The waitresses there don't ever write down your order, which apparently is the problem.

When we wanted to order something, we put up our hand like we do in a classroom to get a teacher's attention, but they could walk past you without noticing that, or they noticed it but just didn't want to attend to us.

I won't go back there for a long time to come. The one at Causeway Point is a better choice. Come to think about it, now I understand why the one at CWP is always packed and has long queues, while the one at Yishun never has a queue.

No comments: