Saturday 30 July 2011

Tian An Rega Hotel 天安瑞嘉酒店

Also found on Hotels.com, it was cheap and near to Tiananmen (10 to 15 minutes' walk) and Wangfujing (5 to 10 minues). For 4 days and 3 nights in a Business Standard Room for 4 pax, I paid S$279 in total.

I searched for rooms for 4 pax and in Wangfujing area.


 The reception. On the right is an auto rotating door. We were fascinated by the door.
 The unused lobby. It must have been the old reception area.

 Our room was on the 3rd floor
Clean, neat, tidy and cosy I thought. The light was a little dim though.

 
 Two bottles of mineral water are provided free every day.

 Evian is chargeable. RMB 35.
 Clean toilet, but we had hoped to have 4 towels instead of only 2

 Condoms and shavers are chargeable
 Toiletries

The last night at the hotel

Review of Tian An Rega Hotel:

The hotel was nothing out of the ordinary, but it suited us fine. In terms of service, we thought the reception personnel at Astor House were more helpful. The receptionist would not help me book a place at Da Dong as she said they don't help customers to do bookings. The only help she rendered was to dial the number for me and got me to speak on the phone.

The room was clean. The hotel was quiet. The bed was equally hard as the bed at Astor House - not an issue though.

The hotel did book a cab to the airport though. No extra charges for a booking too.

I tried to tip the person who delivered the dinner to our room but he turned it down saying that they were not supposed to receive tips. But the rest of them (bellboy, person who delivered the adaptor) accepted the tips. I am not sure if it's only limited to certain people though.

I quite like the hotel for its cheap rate, convenience and accessibility to many places. I might try other hotels if I could find one that is similar in its merits if I ever go back to Beijing, just for novelty's sake, but I would recommend this hotel to someone who is not particular about bathtub or comfort and wants a good and cheap place to stay.

Some research about the hotel's accessibility before setting off:
Nearest Subway: Wangfujing (5 mins walk)

Cab from Beijing South Railway Station to Wangfujing: RMB 30 ($6)
Beijing South Railway Station – 7km to Tian An Rega Hotel Beijing

But I forgot to check the distance between Beijing Airport and the hotel. It took a good 30 to 45 minutes to reach the airport. It cost more than RMB 90 (about S$20). However, one must bear in mind that the airport is a great distance from anywhere in Central Beijing, so basically you will still pay that amount as long as you stay in the ever popular Wangfujing area.

No comments: