Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Love of Flying

Sometimes, I think I actually like being on a plane more than the trip itself.

I am looking through Zuji recently. I am really tempted by the cheap flight offered by Malaysia Airlines. Whoever pays less than $500 to Tokyo?

Of course, nobody is supportive of the idea, except my elder sister.

My fifth sister and William think that the airline is unsafe as the the cause for the missing MH370 is still undetermined. "If it is terrorism, it is very dangerous. We won't know when it will strike again. You won't know if the pilot who flies your plane is a terrorist, or if he decides to commit suicide!""If MH370 had been faulty due to a lack of technical diligence, what makes you think that the plane you take is going to be in tip-top condition?"

I had taken a Malaysian flight to China. I didn't remember it being uncomfortable.

I started to think about my flight experiences. I liked even something as mundane as the checking-in. I like the wait for the flight. I like the walk towards the cabin. I like the friendly smiles on the air-stewardesses' faces. I like the food served, most of the time. I even like the toilet! I like the window seat. I like the little surprises I get on the plane. I like to be 'surprised' that I get to have a blanket on a plane even! Perhaps it makes me feel 'special' to be treated politely and nicely, even though I only paid for an economy seat ticket.

I really like flight experiences. Just about everything, except the boredom from sitting for too long, and budget airlines.


Malaysian flight to-and-fro China

Etihad economy cabin


Thai Airway food

No comments: