Thursday 26 June 2014

Day 16 - Creative Plumbing - Empty Vessels Make the Most Noise

As our neighbour directly above our unit complained to HDB that we were too noisy on a Saturday (Day 15), Ah Huat had to stop cutting tiles, and that caused his tiling to continue on the following Monday.

Day 16:
The plumbers came down in the morning to fix up the rainshower and the storage heater.

Apparently, the plumber was not in a good mood. In fact, 'not in a good mood' was an understatement. He was arrogant (dunno what a plumber is arrogant about).

When I saw that the stainless steel pipe was bundled up with the pvc pipe that came in from the kitchen like this:
I immediately asked him if this bundled thingy can be done from the kitchen.

Wah, cannot ask, you know?

He gave a very TL face and said,"If want to come in from the outside, then we must charge already! We are only doing toilet. So it must be in the toilet! And you don't want to spend money to do the kitchen!"

In my years of blogging, I don't think I have ever used the word 'TL'. But nothing less describes his look and tone.

Then, in the utter fashion of a spoilt brat, he said,"I don't want to do your place already lah! Everything also want but don't want to pay!"

Although I was displeased with his KBKB (neither have I ever used this in my blog, right?), I kept quiet.

When I was in the bedroom, I overheard him complaining to Xiao Hei who popped by to re-do the mosaic that I 'insisted' on this and 'insisted' on that.

When I opened the door, he stopped his nonsense. I didn't want to make an issue out of it, so I kept quiet.

He proceeded to put up the storage heater.

 On seeing the placement of the heater, I was concerned that:

1) it was not centralised above the doorway
2) it might be too close to the side wall and got in the way of my storage mirror

The spoilt brat insisted he always placed the storage heater at the same place. He also insisted that my mirror would not be so high. On top of that, he mentioned that I would have a box-up that flushed with the wall and it would be fine.

On hearing that the storage heater would not obstruct anything. I left it at that, not knowing that a nasty surprise awaits me because of his poor placement.

1 comment:

Lily Ann said...

I just came across your blog and found it so interesting.
Will continue to take time to read your earlier entries.