Wednesday 27 August 2008

Women over 30

My third sister was getting cranky yesterday when I was at my parents' place.

She started to tell Coco that she has a 'lazy mother' repeatedly. My father thought I overeacted but I certainly didn't and don't think so. I think it's a very serious matter that you're taunting my child using me, the mother. What are you trying to do? Who is the one who is going to live with the child for the next 20 odd years before she gets married? Why are you hurting my child if you're not happy with me?

She actually said that I shouldn't get angry with what she said if what she said wasn't the truth. Then I could also always call her the 'frustrated spinster' who gets cranky and psychologically unbalanced after thirty, and that's as true as it can get.

She's behaving the exact same way as my elder sister when my elder sister was over her thirties and not doing a job she liked not too long ago. The worst thing is, she doesn't realise it.

And she actually said this,"Don't give birth to so many children if you don't know how to be a mother!" Do I really have THAT many children? I only have just about 2 - if you like to think that the unborn one has already qualified as one - to qualify for the word 'children' the plural form. And I certainly don't think that I don't know how to be a mother. As far as I know, I'm one of the best mothers around in terms of putting the child's needs and wants above her own. I've done all I could to ensure my child gets the best of everything. I even marry so that she gets into the best school possible and so that she gets her own purple room, and has a father to call her own.

I'm offended precisely because I think she's spouting rubbish and doesn't know what she's talking about. I've never spoken ill of her in front of Coco, so why should she attack me at my most vulnerable, when I'm heavily pregnant?

Women over 30, please go get hitched, without which, you're really a witch!

No comments: