Wednesday 24 February 2010

My birthday

This is something that's really late.

My birthday falls on November, but as I looked through the pics, I couldn't resist posting them up.

I had always wanted to comment on Pine Garden's cakes but tend to forget about it amidst my busyness.

Last birthday, I asked William to buy me a Pine Garden's Lychee Martini that morning because I missed the aroma and taste of it after tasting it a few times, which occurred after I read so much reviews about it.

Towards the evening, my youngest sister asked me if I have any preference for the flavour as she was on her way to buy a cake for me. I asked her to buy a Pulut Hitam cake from Pine Garden. I gave her the address and told her to look out for the signature red lanterns hung outside the cake shop for ease of finding the shop.

I got two cakes because Lychee Martini is supposed to have lychees 'soaked in martini' and is thus not suitable for kids. I haven't really tried Pulut Hitam at its full glory yet, but it has received numerous good reviews on the internet, so I opted for it - for myself and the kids.

Lychee Martini

It has a soft, sweet frangrant of lychees - I feel my mouth watering as I type this. The cream is fresh and mildly sweet and the sponge is just nice. The lychees in the layers add to the eating pleasure.

Pulut Hitam

It has a rich layer of pulut hitam on the top of the cake. I had thought it could be too dry to be on a cake but it's not at all. It's moist and rich. Not under- or overdone. Sigh ... everything's just nice. If I had a big enough stomach, I would finish it all up. But a few slices down and I realised that it's filling up fast. I seldom eat two slices of the same cake - in fact, I can't recall a time that I had asked for another slice after the first pathetic slice - but I couldn't resist this cake!
If I didn't know better, I would have thought it's something out of a hotel.

No comments: