Saturday 5 November 2011

Lone City

I was on childcare leave last Friday as my mother left for Malacca on a devotional trip.

I decided to spend the day (before Coco came home from school) at Orchard. As usual, the indecisive me tried planning for an ambitious trip: perhaps I should go to the Botanical Gardens for an outdoor photography trip for Baby? Or maybe I should go to Tampines for its two malls? Yes! That's it! Tampines One and Century Square! I haven't been there for a long while!

Then when I examined the MRT route, I gave up the idea. Too many switching of routes and the journey's too long.

I reeled myself in and decided to be unambitious for once: let's just go to Orchard Road.

Had the company of my elder sister though.

This was what we saw at Somerset MRT Station at 11.15am:
Desolate, people-less!

Wow! It felt so great to be 'alone' at Orchard!

No comments: