Friday 11 May 2012

A New Lease of Life

I hadn't been blogging, and if I did, the alignment and paragraphing was totally off - because the computer was removed for at least a week - for a greater good.

It underwent a facelift.

Following my '3D drawing', the carpenter did up the book cabinet, settee and study table.

Let the pictures do the talking:

 The original condition of where the settee would be, with tons of stash, wanted and hoarded
 The Ikea book shelves, with handsewn curtains to cover the eyesore
The Ikea study table, sunken and broken in the middle, covered by the red mousepad.
A mess, as usual 
 When the study was cleared
My nephew's artistic expression on the wall
 Handsewn curtain (by my elder sister) to cover up the mess in the study
 We painted the study with Nippon's Raindrop blue.
We felt it was 'too blue' and boyish, so I mixed 2 litres of white base paint to the remaining paint and repainted the room.
Not very visible in the picture, but the blue did become lighter.
 On the day the carpentry was to come, I was already mighty pleased with the glass door that greeted me
The carpentry, yet to be installed
 Light filled the room when the curtains were down

After Day 1 ...
 The settee
 The table with cabinet and shelf
 The book cabinet 

Day 2 ...
 Settee
 Table with cabinet and shelf
 9 ft full-height book cabinet
Warm lights beneath the cabinet
The door, with a soft glow from within

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Hello,can i have the contact number of ah hoi that did your carpentry?thank you!

Rain said...

Hi Hazel,

I shall be glad to share his contact with you if you could give me your email address. I would be able to share with you my disclaimer on his works as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi rain,

Mind sharing me your carpenter contact. you can mail me at saudade_18@yahoo.com.Good day.

Azwin