Sunday 20 May 2012

Speed Matter

I have lost count of the number of my driving lessons since I take lessons practically every day, sans the weekends.

But I should complete Stage Two by next Monday.

There are 4 Stages in all, with Stage 4 having the least number of subjects ie. three. According to the counter staff, I should complete all my lessons with another 7 or 8 sessions, which means I can book my Practical Test by the end of this month.

Last Friday, I slotted in my compulsory Automatic Car lesson just right after my 8.15am lesson. So that made it 4 hours of driving with just a 15-minute break in between.

I was surprised that Automatic Car driving was so much smoother and easier. With the need for attention on the gear-shifting and clutch-handling taken away, you can just focus on your speed and the hundred-and-one thing you need to look out for on the road. With the clutch and gear, I constantly need to remind myself to shift the gears at different speeds for the different road conditions and areas ie. bends, turns versus straight roads.

I was telling William that 40km/h is a comfortable speed for me and below is our conversation just yesterday:

Me: Eh, I always drive 40km/h leh. Will I fail the test for driving so slow?


W: Of course la!

Me: Huh ... Is this car driving at 40?

W: No. About 50-60.

Me: That car leh? Got 40 or not?

W: No. 55.

Me: This one leh?

W: No. ... Aha, this one is 40!

Me looked up.

W: (pointing at a cyclist)

No comments: