Tuesday 26 June 2012

The Line

This is a super overdue post. I have always wanted to blog about my experience at The Line but the uploading of pictures put me off until recently.

The buffet dining experience happened because I was in an I-want-to-eat-fresh-oysters mood. The first place that came to my mind was Carousel at Royal Plaza on Scotts as I had eaten some nice oysters there, but it was fully booked for the night. It so happened that I knew about The Line from a parent's blog, so I called up to book a table for four and off we went - under the pretext of celebrating Valentine's Day. Yeah, it's been that long since I'd wanted to post this.

The setting

Believe it or not, I had 12 oysters that night and would not have stopped if they did not run out of them.
Coco was tempted to try one upon seeing how I devoured the oysters but when she went back to the counter for more, there was no more.
The spread was intercontinental so they had just about everything you could ask for. And just about everything tasted good - even their fried noodles!
Tried a little wine-braised beef. Did not disappoint either.
The cute and tasty dessert. Not too sweet for a non-sweet-tooth like me!
Was too full to have multiple scoops of chocolate ice-cream!
Kids and their fascination of chocolate fondues
The beautiful array of cakes and desserts
some Malay- or Arabic-looking food that I did not try
Pizzas
Sashimi
Sushi
Seafood galore

The nyonya spread
William did not think much of the prawn noodles though

Mussels
Why did I miss this out?


Saw some cute cakes before we left the hotel:




Verdict:

Would definitely go there again even if it's just for the oysters!


Where:

The Line Buffet Shangri La

22 Orange Grove Road
Basement Shangri-la Hotel

Dinner per pax: in the $70 range;
Dinner per child: in the mid $30 range

No comments: