Monday 30 July 2012

Innocence at its Best

I was on the bus, on the way to school, with Baby some time last week.

Out of the blue, she asked me in her natural, unpretentious and loud voice:

WHY YOU BUY BRA?!!

I was shocked. I had taken her on a buy-bra trip but that happened months ago.

I was sure I heard wrongly, or she pronounced her words wrongly.

I pretended not to hear her and kept quiet.

To my greater shock, she repeated her question with greater boldness:

YOU BUY BRA FOR WHAT? YOU BUY BRA FOR WHAT?

Oh my goodness! I quickly answered, sheepishly, softly:

To wear lah ...

To my triple shock, she asked:

YOU DON'T HAVE BRA ALREADY AH?!!

I almost died:

Yes lah ... Shhh ... Shhh ...

My classic baby:

WHY YOU ASK ME TO KEEP QUIET? WHY YOU ASK ME TO KEEP QUIET?

3 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

She is SUCH a pretty baby!!

Karmeleon said...

HAHA!!!!

Rain said...

Petunia,

Thanks! Oh my goodness! You must have been brought here by your own book!