Saturday 5 October 2013

Day 4: Paris Disneyland Part I

After 2h 15 min, we reached Disneyland Paris! 

There was only 1 miserable, tiny lift at the Disneyland station and all the travellers had luggage, so it took us some time before we exited the station.

We saw this Disney Express counter that helped to deposit luggage. 

I approached the staff and asked how it worked. The French staff was nice. She explained that I could have paid in advance for the luggage deposit service when I bought the Eurostar tickets and they would send my luggage to my hotel while I go Disneyland right away. 

I enquired if I could pay for the service there and then, and thankfully, she said yes and processed my payment via credit card.

It cost about 16 Euro per luggage. I had two, so 32 Euro in all.
I lamented to Coco,"Why is it that it always ..."

Coco finished my statement for me,"rains when we go to Disneyland!"

This bag-check entrance led to Disneyland Hotel, which was just a 2-minute walk to Disneyland Park.
 Disneyland Hotel as the backdrop
Coco figured that these tile engravings were the names of famous people who had visited Disneyland Paris

 The actual entrance to Disneyland Paris
I explained to the ticketing staff that my proof of purchase (of the tickets) were taken by the Disney Express Counter and they had given me these luggage stubs in exchange for my luggage deposit.

He made a call to verify what I claimed and asked me for our passports before giving me tickets for the day. He assured me that Ceyenne Hotel (which I booked a room at) would give me the actual tickets when I returned to it that day.
It was cold and wet.

We had a nice pizza and hot chocs (again) to fill our growling stomachs at a small market-style cafe.

It was so delicious Coco bought another one to share.

She said she chose this as she saw a woman gobbling it in one mouthful, so it must be good.

Altogether, we spent 18 Euro at this cafe. A promising start to our Paris trip.

 Baby studying the Paris Disneyland map
I had to persuade her to let me take a pic of her in front of the castle!
Our first mission: the Merry-Go-Round!


The Mad Hatter's Teacups



The rain always drives visitors to the indoor section - Small, Small World





Our next stop. This was taken the following day when the weather was fine. 
It was a miniature village of the fairytales

Little Mermaid I think
Hmm ... this one ... I think it's some French tale

This one ... also their fairy tale

Ahh ... this is Beauty and the Beast
See?
Wizard of Oz


We went into a Labyrinth



There was a group of boisterous but nice young men who waited for us to finish taking the picture before they went into the ... erm ... structure.
A bird's eye view of Disneyland from the Queen's castle
 The livid Queen


Baby's first character shot - Pinocchio's father!

Coco decided that she wanted to be face-painted

We did the shots at Buzz Lightyears
Coco went on the Orbitron with Baby because I was such a chicken




Needless to say, our dare devil would never give a thrill ride up without a try
So Baby waited, and waited
Jack's beanstalk
It was a dream come true for Baby. Sleeping Beauty was her favourite princess.

The system at Paris Disneyland worked differently from Hong Kong Disneyland. You need to queue up early, say a few hours before, at the Old Windmill for a ticket to take a picture with the Princess. When your session comes, you go to the princess' castle directly and wait for your turn to have a picture taken. Who the princess is is a surprise!
As we left the Meet-and-Greet with the Princess, we met Tiana, another Disney princess, at the door.

And that concluded our first day at Paris Disneyland!






No comments: