Tuesday 11 February 2014

Life's Good

Life's been good in 2014.

I have returned to work, on a part-time basis.

I get to report to work later than usual. I get to send the little one to school, a luxury teacher-mothers don't get to indulge in.

No one is tagged to me, except a relief teacher who has not yet been reallocated a class.

I don't have violent kids who threaten to jump at me and abuse me, or special needs kids for me to coax to do work, or to remember to let someone go toilet everytime he asks me, or to write incident reports for kids who get into trouble, or to be updated by different personnels on the antics of the different kids inside and outside of school.

I feel quite upbeat so far. I put on makeup and earrings these days. I am in the mood to buy and wear flowy dresses. I feel that I want to look pretty. Doesn't matter that I am an auntie now.

I took a paycut. I had always thought that would be THE source of my unhappiness.

How wrong I was!

I am very happy despite having less. I feel that I am more alive now. What use is those money if I have to live like a zombie every day, feeling emotionally-drained, mentally and physically tired throughout the year except for 2 weeks in June and 3 or 4 weeks in December, and feeling guilty for not being with the kids?

I am glad that I try part-time workload out. Real glad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are happier these days! You look gorgeous and young in those Europe photos. Not like an aunty lah!
My female lecturer used to say, " you must look good, to feel good!" ;)

You have a noble job in moulding our future generation. I agree with what you wrote previously rgd the struggles of teaching problematic kids. Was teaching an em3 class before. Am glad I didn't appear in the ST headlines. Haha.

Have a great week ahead

Blessings, christy

Rain said...

Thanks, Christy, for your kind words. You know how we usually choose the better pictures to put online? I am no exception :)