Sunday 16 February 2014

Inspired

I went crazy after seeing a friend's Facebook album of her daughter's Disney princess-inspired dresses. 

I could not help but drooled over the pretty and practical cotton dresses. I have always thought those princess gowns are too pompous and are only fit for Disney- or princess-themed parties. How many times can you wear them before you outgrow them? But these cotton dresses can be worn to just about anywhere!

The inevitable happened. My friend kindly shared the contact and I went on to contact Sarah of Lady Herndon from Colorado Springs to customise those dresses too!

I first contacted her in November last year and finalised the fabric selection in early or mid December.

I received the dresses on Valentine's Day after she sent it out a week before. I was too ambitious and overestimated the growth speed of Baby and had requested for the dresses to be 29-inch long. The kind seamstress understood my kiasu sentiments through our numerous exchanges and made the dresses a little roomier than they should be. Nevertheless, the dresses still fit her small frame. 

The dresses are ribboned with small charms that embody the essence of each princess story. 
Cinderella 

I paid for the lace to jazz up the dress as I thought it too plain for my liking.

 Tiana 

I love the leaf flaps!
Ariel

Anna dress

Aurora

Rapunzel

Who else but Snow White?

Belle

Before the parcel arrived, I had a hard time keeping things under wrap.

It was my first time buying things on Etsy, and paying about $500 for something that I had not tried and seen. I was worried that things might not work out and Baby would be disappointed if I kept talking about the dresses. I also did not tell Baby that I was buying 8 dresses. She had thought that I was only buying Rapunzel or Aurora dress. So when she opened the box, she could not contain her excitement. With all her Singlish, she squealed in delight,"Why you buy so many dress?!! Why you buy so many dress?!!" And she laughed all the way to the bathroom when she knew she was going to change into one of the dresses.

Just two days have passed and she has donned Ariel and Aurora dresses. You can bet she loves them to bits!

No comments: