Tuesday 1 May 2007

Too heater up

The heater has been really problematic.
The other day when it was thundering and storming outside, the power tripped, and the heater had this burnt smell.
Today, Coco was asking for me when she was in the bathroom. When I went to her after she called me repeatedly, she told me that when she touched the tap and the 'wire' connecting the tap to the heater, her hand would tremble - she shook her hand to show me how it 'trembled'.
I was shocked. I switched off the heater immediately and told her not to touch the tap or the 'wire' again. I got her some warm water from mixing hot water from the hot flask with tap water to let her finish up her bath.
The heater apparently has some 'loose' connection that results in electric shocking, which William subsequently experienced when he came home. I think he wanted to try it out himself after we told him about the incident.
The electrician will only come on Wednesday. I hope something can be done about it, and our safety ensured. I'm really worried that someone might get electrocuted or something like that, and to make matter worse, it's in the bathroom where water is aplenty.

No comments: