Saturday 19 May 2007

The ultimate

I saw some betting tickets lying in his drawers last night.

I took out 3 of them and they totalled up to $1900.

I confronted him. He tried to give me the impression that they were not bought recently. I must have come across as a total total idiot to him because the date of purchase was on the tickets and it was yesterday.

Upon seeing that I scrutinised the tickets, he tried to mumble some stuff under his breath and tried to sidetrack. I didn't let him go,"You promised me that you would never bet again. We agreed that if you do, we'll divorce."

He came up to me and snatched the tickets from my hands and tore up the tickets!
I was shocked! You're tearing up $1900 here. Do you know it could settle half of one of his card's debt, if what he said was true? Do you know it could buy a nice sofa, a high-end LCD, two sets of high-end home theatre system or a more than comprehensive bedroom set for Coco?

How could he ask me or his parents or grandparents for money when we are earning so much less than he does? And he spends it all on meaningless 'leisure'?!!

I really feel like a total idiot. All this while, I believe that what he earns can't cover his bills. He's as scheming as his contractor. They are the same brood of vipers. I tried talking to him by exchanging smses. To my disappointment, he started pushing the blame on me! He said he gambles because he feels insecure about me working, about me getting a degree, about the need to be distracted from all these. What utter rubbish!

It dawned upon me that he's a pack of excuses. Whatever he does, he has a perfect reason and this reason is always the fault of others. Never his.

I asked to take over the finance management so that he will be able to repay his debts but he said he would rather divorce than let me do it. So we shall.

I'm tired of worrying about his finances when he is actually squandering money mindlessly.

I really am.

I can't trust men anymore.

I've always thought they are a different species. And I'm right.

He's a totally changed man after marriage. No mistake about it.

I can't live with a stranger.

No comments: