Saturday 8 September 2007

Coco's first birthday party invitation

After much deliberation, I finally decided to allow Coco to attend her first birthday party at a friend's place.

My concern was that it clashed with her music class. However, when William called the mother up to inform her that Coco was going to the party, the mother actually said that the timing had been changed to a few hours earlier, which meant we didn't have to skip Coco's music class. It was a nice surprise indeed and I was relieved that I decided to let Coco go to the party.

She had a great time at the party. Enjoyed herself a great deal. It turned out that the birthday girl had been looking forward to Coco's presence. She'd kept asking her mother whether Coco is turning up every day. They are actually the best of friends on the schoolbus. Coco had never mentioned about this girl before receiving her invitation card.

It was nice to see that the birthday girl likes Coco so much. She'd asked Coco to sit with her when we were having lunch. She got Coco to sit beside her when they played games. If only we'd known that the timing had been changed! If only we'd known that they are such good friends!

Finance has been really tight.

I've grossly overspent this month. And they are items bought for the sake of Coco ie. her bedroom furniture, her music class fees, her swimming class fees, a handycam in case we need to record Coco's record-worthy moments. Sometimes I get really worried about the savings I'd meant to set aside for her education. I must get it going somehow.

No comments: