Sunday 30 September 2007

Simplicity - a tall order

I attended my cousin's wedding in Malaysia today.

It was a very simple wedding. No bridal car, no photographer, no table shots, shark's fin soup without shark's fin in it, held at a restaurant which is more like a shop.

The bride is a Vietnamese. Only 21 or 22 years old.

The wedding is a culture shock for me. It's totally inconceiveable to the minds of any average Singaporean girl.

I'd wanted to take photos of my family and myself with my digicam. After I realised that there won't be any photographer at the wedding, I decided to help take pictures for the couple.

It's really a case of back-to-the-basics kind of wedding. It makes me reflect on myself, my wants and my needs. My needs are easily luxuries to this girl. And I have so much complaints about the imperfections.

Make me simple, Lord.

No comments: