Tuesday 10 March 2009

Stopping the pump

I've decided to stop pumping and pass the pump to my cousin who has just given birth.

It would be crazy to pump, work, take care of Coco and Baby at the same time.

Besides, pumping leaves me feeling weak. I keep getting numb feet and painful kneecaps. I suspect it's the pumping. I think it's because I've a weak constitution to begin with and so, breastfeeding takes a toll on me although I really haven't heard of anyone feeling giddy and weak after breastfeeding or pumping. Tried searching on the net for such symptoms and wasn't successful.

I still experience a little hardness on the boobs after more than 24 hours. I got my Avent Manual Pump on standby just in case I really really need to pump the milk out.

As a product review, I would strongly recommend Pump-in-Style if anyone needs a pump. Pumping was a breeze with it, and true to its claim, it does increase milk supply - my supply went up to 70 ml every 3 hourly. Best of all, it doesn't give you mastitis or sore nipples. It's really worth the money spent. Really regret not heeding the advice of those forummers who gave good review on it.

No comments: