Sunday 12 September 2010

My Sister's Solemnisation

9th September, the auspicious date to marry.
The magazine-style invite
4.30pm - Doing her hair at a regular salon
5.30pm - Sticking the fake nails in the car

6pm - Doing the makeup
6.50pm - (Breathless) We reached the venue
The solemnisation table
Exchanging the vow
Their fate was sealed
(Some of) the food
The people


My mother and her long lost granddaughter

We are all happy for them. My brother-in-law has been very obliging to my parents and accommodating to his prospective sisters-in-law's requests in many ways. He appears to be rather mild-tempered and is the most 'promising' among the boyfriends my sister has. His academic qualification is a few notches above my sister's. While the pessimistic me can't help but worry a little that this might be an issue when the passion wears off, I sincerely hope that they will abide by their vows they had apparently customised on their own and live 'happily ever after' from this day forth.

On the technical side, I went out to get an external flash for the solemnisation. Alas! The hero got nowhere to show his talent (英雄无用武之地)- Firstly, the solemnisation started at 7pm and we only reached the poolside at 6.50pm. By then, it was quite dark and I did not fancy the relatively harsh turn-out of the pictures under a flash. Secondly, I was too busy with Baby to take proper pictures. Thirdly, I did not want to be in the way of the official photographer.

So the flash did not have much of a role to play at the actual ceremony, but it did live up to its good name at the reception. The lighting was dim for ambient purpose, so a flash helped alot.

No comments: