Sunday 22 January 2012

At H&M

I was at H&M yesterday, explaining to a helpful staff that the cashier on the previous day had keyed in my items wrongly. Instead of $19.90, he scanned the same barcode of another item priced $29.90 into the cash register, so I ended up paying $10 more.

I'm glad it was quite hassle-free to get that $10 cancelled in my credit card repayment.

My sisters were telling me they would argue with me about how my complaint could not hold water since I had taken the stuff home already. They would not be able to verify if I were telling the truth or hiding a $29.90 item at home.

I told my sisters that I didn't think it would happen, and if it did, I was prepared to make a fuss over it.

It's the money, not the principle. ;)

What happened at the cashier's while I was waiting there was even better:

I saw Leonny, an Indonesian family blogger who resides in Singapore, pushing her baby's pram away from the cashier's unassumingly.

I caught up with her just in time to see her family standing altogether at the lift.

For the stupid and naive person that I am, after the first not-so-pleasant experience of approaching a blogger, I called out to her,"Leonny."

She looked at me in surprise.

I stated simply,"I'm your reader."

She was a likeable person. Not pretentious or proud at all even though her blog is quite known in the local blogging circle.

She was very friendly and was those kind of person who are good at making small talks.

Her voice was a little husky as she was losing her voice, but it still sounded very 'earthly'. I'd imagined that it would be a saccharine-sweet one from her all-positive blog.

I just checked out her blog and she just did something that I have always wanted to do:

Take pictures for individual orphans and give to them.

Hers is not even a DSLR, but her photography and editing skills are amazing!

No comments: