Sunday 22 January 2012

Where is my ang pow money?

One busy, exhausting and blurry week after I had changed my notes for brand new ones with my sister at my mother's place, I suddenly remembered I should have a sum of $300 notes for ang-pow packing somewhere.

I looked high and low for it, then was frantic, and was almost on the verge of being hysterical when I calmed myself down, challenging as it was, to recall the series of events that happened.

I vaguely remembered I went to my mother's place to pick up my sister's evening clutch for a wedding dinner.

Thank God for Facebook! I looked up the post I made that day:

All in a limping day: Send kid to birthday party, buy medication at woodlands polyclinic, go mum's place to pick up evening clutch, pick up kid from boon lay, return home to meet carpenter, go wedding dinner at fort canning.

From there, I tried very hard to recall what I did after getting my brand new notes:

1) I was worried that I might crease the notes.
2) I asked for a red packet to put them in.
3) What my sister replied was a blur.
4) I was happy to find a 'thing' to put my notes in.

But, what was that 'thing'?

According to the post, I had gone to the polyclinic. I had bought an ankle support and Coco's medication.

I might have put the money in the ankle support box!

I searched for the box in the rubbish bin:

I remember bringing it to the bin the other day. Shaking the box, I could hear some papers hitting against it.

But what I did after that was a blur!

I went to our medication toyogo box.

It's not there!

Then my eyes fell on the ankle support box - on another toyogo box not far away from the medication box!

I opened it.


And there they were: all $300, beautiful and crisp.

I must have thought I could keep my ankle support in the box next time when I don't have any use for it, and that's why I kept it.

Thank God for junkies!

No comments: