Saturday 11 April 2009

Baby's first solid feeding and other rambles

Things to get done by this weekend:

1) Remedial lesson plan and worksheet
2) English Level practice paper for SA1
3) Rehearse my lesson observation and prepare materials that's not forseen in my lesson plan
4) Finish marking my composition books
5) Finish watching that Stellar VCD

Baby has started on her Si Shen brown rice cereal yesterday.

She seemed to take it well. She didn't reject it and amazingly, or ridiculously as I like to call it, she is able to swallow it, or at least it appears that way to me. She didn't spit it out. It was a little bit of a mess though since it's her first solid feeding experience.

Some useful tips from 'Baby Weekly' on feeding Baby:

'It will take a little time for your baby to learn how to move the cereal from the front of her mouth to the back of her throat because swallowing a solid requires a different motion than sucking a liquid. She will initially try to suck at the cereal and her tongue will push half of it back out, but she will quickly catch on. Once she gets used to the idea and begins eating more than she spits out, increase the amount of cereal to a few tablespoons each day. Gradually thicken the consistency of the cereal and then add another feeding each day. Your baby should be able to eat about one half cup of thick cereal each day before you add other solid food.

Once your baby is eating the rice cereal well and isn't showing any sign of allergic reaction (such as a rash), try introducing some mashed or strained fruits and vegetables. Introduce one fruit or vegetable at a time and stick with it for a few days before introducing another. By doing this, you can identify which food causes an allergic reaction, if one occurs.

Your baby should be eating solid foods three times a day by about 8 months of age.'

I dreamt about myself donning Coco's school uniform and taking her to Pasir Ris in the same getup. Halfway through the journey, I lost her! I panicked and kept calling different people to check whether she's with them. Even in the dream, I imagined that she was kidnapped by a taxi-driver when she decided to take a cab home after losing me. After some hassle and lots of anxiety and worry, my third sister told me she's reached my mother's place.

Whew!

I think it's the planning of her birthday party. We've decided to go for a chalet at Pasir Ris for her birthday. I've been trying to plan it out on my own. Kept going into the link for Costa Sands Resorts. Kept thinking about what to do there. Wild Wild Wet, Escape Theme Park, barbeque ... I'm thinking about taking her to the Pasir Ris Park cum Beach too but I'm not sure where I can find the time to. One day at the Theme Park, another at Wild Wild Wet. Wow, even a 3D2N's itinerary cannot accommodate the Park-Beach trip.

I've placed an order for the Connecta. I hadn't ordered one in the previous Bulk Purchases (there were two before this) because I didn't fancy any of the designs. The one that caught my eye this time round is this: I simply love tiny floral prints, and on brown background at that. The best thing is that it comes with a hood, which other ready stocks don't have. It even has a tinge of gypsy about it: it's called 'Esmerelda'. It's the very name of the gypsy, albeit different spelling, in Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Although I thought it's more practical to get the Solarweave carrier due to Singapore's humid weather, but I'm a sucker for pretty prints. I like to believe that most girls, albeit an old one, are like me - 'ai mei bu yao ming' or 'beauty before practicality'. The Solarweave carriers only come in plain colours. I like pale blue, but I find monotone boring. Maybe I'm really aging. I used to like plain when I was younger.

No comments: