Thursday 16 April 2009

Sofie and other online purchase relish

I bought a Sofie for Baby.

It's a teether made from natural rubber, supposed to be 'immensely popular' with mummies all over the world. I was a little disappointed though. It looks and feels like any other normal rubber squeaky toys, just that rubber smell is quite strong. Perhaps I harbour too high a hope for it. $35 for a squeaky toy - if I look at it that way.

There are some unfavourable reviews on it, that it's a choking hazard. The legs in particular, as it's very long for babies short throats. But like what some mummies say, which toy on the shelf doesn't pose a hazard to babies? I'll see how Baby reacts to it and delay my judgment on it for a while.

My connecta has arrived in Singapore! I should be getting it either Saturday or Monday. Now I understand how those mummies in the forum feel when they say they look forward to receiving their purchases in the mailbox. It's like some sort of surprise. True, you have seen it in picture, and bought it already. But it feels different when it turns up in flesh.

The next item on the agenda is a Bumbo seat. A mummy in the forum has offered to sell me hers and offered free delivery. Will update again when I lay my hands on it. Actually, the pettiskirts should really materialise after such a long wait. The organiser kept saying 'at the end of March', 'in the 3rd week of April', and now '1 to 2 weeks'. I hope it's not another Bulk Purchase scam. I paid more than $200 for the skirts.

No comments: