Friday 21 May 2010

Ulcer episode

I'm on 2-day MC because of a huge ulcer on the inside of my tongue, just beside the teeth. I can't talk properly. I finally could understand how people who are not able to express themselves fluently feel. And I didn't realise the tongue plays such a big part in our eating and swollowing until my ulcer hurt the moment my tongue moved.

According to the doctor, the ulcer is infected and there're signs that my lymph node is swollen. He gave me an oral application medication and antibiotics. The oral medication is good as it numbs my ulcer pain, but only for a while.

I haven't been blogging because I've been tired. Physically tired.

I think the ulcer emerged because I haven't enough sleep or drank enough water, and stress.

My colleagues have been wonderful.

When I had relief to do, a teacher who was in the class before me would scold the class loudly to make them behave themselves during my period so that I don't have to be stressed or shout at them. Another took out 2 notorious boys when I was doing relief.

I really appreciate them very much. I don't know if such gracious and helpful colleagues exist elsewhere.

No comments: