Wednesday 23 September 2009

Rao He Night Market

Our last stop - Rao He Night Market

Actually, I thought Rao He is better than Shihlin in that it's bigger, more things to see and eat (I think). Shihlin has a repetition of the food that's sold and it's contained in a small and cramped space where people need to jostle to make their way through. Shihlin is definitely more crowded as it's a highly recommended tourist spot simply by word of mouth whereas Rao He is not as highly 'acclaimed'. You need to surf the net to know that it exists.

The entrance

What's selling at Rao He:

Barbequed sweet corn for Coco. The corns were rolling above the pit.

Beef noodles

Clothes.


Our dessert of the night, Mango and Strawberry Ice

I bought this dress eventually. Much to my pleasant surprise, my mother said that she'd seen it earlier on and was waiting to tell me about it but walked off after she didn't see me for some time. And my fifth sister thought the dress a nice piece too!

Accessories

Cuttlefish

Chicken cutlet

We had this for dinner. Herbal sparerib soup and jherbal lamb soup. Very yummy, although I still think that my mother's herbal spareribs are the best!

Glass burning and sculpting

Pepper 'bing' (a cross between biscuits and buns)

No comments: