Wednesday 23 September 2009

Day 4: Wu Lai

We took a bus up to Wu Lai, thinking that we could see Taiwanese natives, the Taiya aboriginals. We, or rather I, were sort of disappointed although none of them said so. We didn't get to see an aboriginal village as per se. I thought there would be some natives dressed in aboriginal costumes, doing their stuff, and living in tent-like homes. But no. None of that happened. We only saw a few beautiful aboriginal girls fully dressed in their native costumes and heavily made up to peddle their ware at a tourist shop.

We went all the way up the hill not knowing what we could expect actually. I would say that Wu Lai is not very worth going, unless you're going for its spring. It boasts a natural spring which sees people bathing in it. Beautiful, green, tranquil waters.

The bus we took. About 20 minutes' ride.

Au' natural honey with honeycomb in it

Wild boar sausage

We took a tram up the hill.
A beautiful aboriginal girl weaving some craft
Tickets for the cable car ride, coupled with 2 types of meals, because we wanted to try both (my ingenius idea)
The Wu Lai Waterfall
We came across this vending machine that dispensed a lot. Very cute!
But we didn't understand a word it said, although we could read it
Tons of fish in a fountain
Coco's favourite activity - manual peddled boats
We had the second set of lunch here. The whole hut belonged to us.
Bamboo rice with prawn, meat and kimchi
The exit
Some real boats which Coco wanted to peddle
The monster ride which no one but Grandpa agreed to go on
They came out with an expression that said that they were pleasantly surprised
The cable car which took us down
We tried this - some tiny hilly chicken. Quite hard I thought.
The bus timetable in a bus stop shelter
A presumably motortrike
After Wu Lai, we went back to Xi Men Ding and I took them to try the famous Ah Zong Mee Sua.
I was shocked that there wasn't any table or chairs for the customers to eat at. Everybody was practically standing and eating the mee sua. My father refused to taste it at all. I am not sure why, still, but my mother felt that it was because he thought it embarrassing to stand and eat at the same time.

The mee sua is basically just mee sua with pig intestines. It wasn't tasty to me. I told my mother,"You quickly come to Taipei and sell your C. H. mee sua and you'll be rich and famous. Your mee sua beats this anytime!"

No comments: