Tuesday 9 March 2010

Booked liao!

I finally settled all the necessary bookings. I just made my payment for Jetstar at an S.A.M. machine.

I had initially planned for a 5-day trip and had booked the hotels for 4 nights in all. After I received my confirmations from both hotels, I decided to extend my stay by one more day in case we don't have enough time to enjoy the good food in Kowloon.

I'm so glad I've been reading great reviews on Cityview Hotel which I booked 2 rooms at. It seems to be a fantastic hotel ie. good service, clean room, good location (3 minutes to Yau Ma Tei MTR Station) and great rates. I'm paying about $118 per room per night after a 15% discount for 14 days' advance booking.

For a Superior Room, we get to choose the bed we want (Twin or Double), and there's a bathtub for Coco! She had been asking me repeatedly if there is a bathtub and I told her it didn't because it wasn't stated on the website, but it's stated as existing in the confirmation email. :)

So far, Cityview Hotel has been quite prompt and patient in their replies. Before the promotion kicked in, I had read good reviews on it and made enquiries about cab fare to Disneyland and asking them for a quotation in the hope that they would give me some form of discount. After I had booked the rooms, I asked if they could give me adjoining rooms, cab fare from airport to the hotel, and about the possibility of extension. I sent them about 5 emails just to make enquiries I believe.

Disneyland Hotel has given up on me I think, for asking too many questions. I had requested to change the date of checking-in and they referred me to the website for amendment of dates. But the parting message seemed to suggest that I had booked the room for another day. So I asked for an email to assure me that it's an amendment of the dates, not an extra booking. The last I enquired was whether we could leave our luggage with the hotel on our departure day since our check-out time is 11 am but our flight is at 8.15pm and they have ignored me since.

I chanced upon a simple travel blog created by a Malaysian girl and she did a great job writing up her trips in detail.

She makes Hong Kong sound fantabulous! It makes me look forward to the trip!

No comments: