Saturday 20 March 2010

Reward after Work

On Thursday, Coco managed a feat never known to her 10 years of history in life.

She completed a Science and Chinese CA1 papers from other schools within a few hours. In less than 3 hours I think, after which I went through the answers with her.

Thereafter, I allowed her to do whatever she wanted.

It was raining, and we couldn't go to an outdoor place like Sentosa which she really wanted.

When the rain ceased, she asked if we could go to the library.

I said,"Yes." and off we went.

She wanted to borrow 4 English books. At first, I wanted her to borrow 3 Chinese and 1 English books, but she so wanted the 4 English books. On account of her finishing her work quickly, I said,"Yes."

On our way home, she commented that she felt 'free' that she had completed her work and could do whatever she liked.

She asked if she could play computer game later on.

I said,"Yes."

She asked if I could play some games with her before bed.

I said,"Yes."

She looked at me with her eyes wide-open, and with a tinkle of wonder, she said,"You're saying 'yes' to everything!"

I am glad that she finally realises the feel-good feeling of getting rewarded for finishing her work, and quickly at that.

No comments: