Sunday 14 March 2010

Adding Vignette Easy

I found a quick way to vignette pictures here.

Basically, these are the steps, really simple:

1. Open a picture that you want to add vignette to.
2. Apply the vignette filter to the picture.
Filter >> Distort >> Lens Correction…
3.Mess with the “Amount” and “Midpoint” sliders in the “Vignette” section.
4.Press “OK”, and now you have art!
5. Save the picture under another name so as to keep the original.

I cropped the above picture to remove the unwanted clutter using the 'Crop' tool.

Then I used the the 'Lasso' tool (3rd icon on the left vertical row) to circle the oily and shiny cheeks.

Went to 'Filter' on the horizontal tool bar above, 'Noise', 'Dust and Scratches' to adjust how much I want to blend the skin tone and thus removing the shine.

After that, I added in the vignette as above.

Ta-dah! A technophobic at work with Photoshop!

No comments: