Thursday 4 March 2010

(Tentative) Pre-trip thoughts

For some reason, my parents have called me and told me that they have no wish to travel.

I suspect it's because they don't want me to spend money on travelling.

In any case, I realised that the online travel agency Expedia.com does not allow Singapore usage, as it's only restricted to a few countries, and flights in March holidays are fully booked at travel agencies.

I have sourced for alternative flights in June. I hope my parents get to go somewhere at least once a year, although I must admit paying for 3 adults and 1 child is no mean feat for me.

I really don't want to disappoint Coco as I have already told her that we will go on a Hong Kong trip. Later as it may be, better late than never.

Shocking as it may sound, I haven't got a credit card to my name. I'm aversed to credit cards because of William's credit card debts, but recently, I realised that there are perks to having a credit card. One of them is the credit card promotions. However, I have problems applying for one because of the lapse in our reno loan. Although I'm making sure that the loan is systematically cleared on a monthly basis now, I believe the record of lapsing on the loan repayment has tainted my ability to pay off bills and that's why two banks I have applied a card for have rejected my application.

I hope to get a card this time round because of the citibank promotion at Disneyland, but I am not particularly optimistic about it. Let's wait and see.

No comments: