Thursday 27 May 2021

Coco's C and Baby's Perfect Omelette

Every time I have macaroni, I am reminded of Coco saying,"We ate C!" when I asked her what she had during meal time in her kindergarten.
Baby is also a great lover of macaroni. Seeing that I still had 1/3 of a packet of macaroni, I asked if she would like some for lunch. She gave a resounding 'Yes!' immediately. Using Swanson Pork Bone broth again, I whipped up a fuss-free dish with tiny broccoli florets, fishballs and chicken mid-joints. Baby had two helpings and so did I! We finished the 2 cups of macaroni in a jiffy!

This time, I decided to use a proportionate amount of the broth and water to cook the macaroni. I was surprised to find that perhaps it was better to leave the broth as it was. Adding salt and light soy sauce altered the taste and made it taste more sour.
The girls told me they were famished after my lesson at 7.15pm. I got Baby to cook a can of mushroom soup to placate their empty stomachs while I rushed out to buy the ingredients and returned to cook. I ended up spending some time frying 5 sunnyside-ups! 3 for Coco and 2 for me. We simply love eggs!

Baby was eager to fry her own egg and she was proud to see her omelette turn out to be 'like what you have at the restaurant'! She wanted to try her hand at a sunnyside-up but I told her she would have to fry her own since her sister and I wouldn't take pleasure in having a non-sunnyside-up. She changed her mind and said,"Next time then."

We had our dinner while having a good laugh over Baby's recount of the boys who professed their liking for her. When Baby mentioned that she had her first crush at P3 and her crush told her that he liked her, Coco and I were stumped for a while before Coco burst out laughing,"You were just babies! How can a baby have a crush on another baby?" 

Dinners ought to be that way. Filled with laughter, casual talks and connection. Not endless lectures, reproaches, reprimand and dressing-downs. 

No comments: