Saturday 29 May 2021

Quick and Simple with Fried Bee Hoon with Canned Pig Trotters

Decided to go simple for a quick lunch when I saw I was left with some mid-joints in the fridge. The girls can't get enough of chicken wings anyway.

Baby wanted to try making a sunny-side-up. She ended up with an omelette (first try) and a broken sunny-side-up (2nd try). 

Fried bee hoon with canned pig trotters was my favourite dish when my mother cooked. I had done it before but I must have done it with just one can. This time, I poured 2 cans of pig trotters into the wok. I found it too salty. The blander mixed vegetable dish was the saving grace.

Ingredients:

400g of bee hoon (soaked for 5-10 min in cold water)
1-2 cans of pig trotter
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
2 cups of water

Instructions:

Pour pig trotter into the wok and add 1-2 cups of water
Cover the lid and let the mixture boil 
Pour bee hoon in and mix it till the colours get onto the bee hoon evenly
Cover the lid and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes
Open the lid and add the oyster sauce and dark soy sauce and mix the bee hoon with the sauces
Add 1 capful of shaoxing wine around the wok (optional)
Serve

No comments: