Wednesday 12 December 2007

Family violence

Time really flies when you blog (Did I ever say this on my previous entries?). It's been 8 days since I last blogged.

Alot of things happened during this period when I was absent from the blogging world: we quarrelled big time over a stack of soccer bet printouts on the very day I made my last entry. I was upset that he had been lying to me and I smsed him that I wanted to divorce him. He started to get abusive - he stepped on my foot and pulled at my arm to try to stop me from leaving the house, he placed a fork at his neck to threaten to pierce his throat while cornering me against the kitchen cabinets if I refused to believe that he wasn't the owner of a stack of soccer bet printouts (which we later realised belong to Ah Boon, Bryan Wong's assistant), he threw a sofa cushion and the stack of soccer bet printouts at me as I was leaving the house. He also told my father over the phone that I was running away with a man when I left the house with a bagful of clothes meant for my stay at Malaysia with my family.

When I came back from Malaysia, he was still fuming and refused to talk nicely to me. I went to the police station to report the loss of my belongings not knowing that he was stalking me. He got worried and he followed me into the police station. His abrupt presence reminded me to enquire about PPO (Personal Protection Order) and so I did. The police apparently could tell that something was amissed and he explained to me what 'qualifies' one for a PPO and how it works. I was surprised to learn that a PPO doesn't even require one to sustain injuries to apply for one. Mental anguish is sufficient reason for it. And if the aggressor violates the PPO, he would be arrested on the spot.

After we stepped out of the police station, we managed to have an alright talk, but deep down inside me, I don't feel that things have changed for the better. The problem is still there - he doesn't want me to manage the finance.

No comments: