Wednesday 26 December 2007

Sentosa

Ever since the weather becomes sunnier, we've been out almost every day. :)

We went to Palawan Beach on Sunday while the weather was good in the afternoon because that was just the beach Coco would like to go.

We took the Sentosa Express from Vivo City to Sentosa. It's ticketed at $3 per pax, as long as the child is above 3 years old. While I applaud at the accessibility and convenience the Express skytrain (at least it appears to me as a skytrain like what you have at the airport) provides, I am not impressed with the way they organise the crowd. We queued up for the train, but when the train was about to come, they got crowds from behind to come up and squeezed with us so that we could all squeezed into the first cabin. 'Squeezed' is the right word. They had to pack the skytrain until it looked like a sardine can before they started it off. There were only a few pathetic seats in the train and the handgrabs were too long. The trip wasn't as smooth as what I'd imagined either. I thought technology advancements would have taken place in the Sentosa Express but apparently it's not so. It's a slight improvement from the skytrain at the airport, if there is any at all. I haven't been to the airport for years, so that's the impression I got from taking the Sentosa Express. It simply reminded me of its slower counterpart at the airport. But still, because of the availability of this train, we'll definitely be going to Sentosa more often (like once or twice a year). After all, the trip would only entail alighting at Harbour Front MRT, going up to Vivo City Level 3 and taking the Sentosa Express. Very convenient I must say.
While waiting for the tickets to be purchased, I took a pic of Coco with some really creatively sculptored balloons at Vivo City:

Coco enjoying the water squirts at the water area, as usual:

No comments: