Wednesday 12 December 2007

On the fringe

I went for a haircut today after deliberating for many days over where to go for the cut. Although I have faith in this hairdresser I always go to that he does nice haircuts, I can't really stand his stuck-up attitude. He thinks he's really good and doesn't talk to you if he feels he can't click with you.

But after looking around, asking around, even standing outside Protrim at Causeway Point to look at the haircut of their clients who came out of the salon, I decided today to go back to the stuck-up hairdresser.

But at least he listens to what you want and tries to cut according to what you ask for. I've encountered hairdressers who don't listen to you and cut your hair the way THEY want without asking for your permission. They are not the ones who wear that hair for the next six months in any case.

I asked for a fringe. It's been about 10 years since I last had fringe. I like what I see in the mirror. I look younger definitely. I kept my fringe long because it's easier for maintenance and it saves cost. I don't have to run to the salon every 2 or 3 months. But this time round, I want a change in the way I look. My look is getting so boring I can't stand.

It was embarrassing though when one of the girls there complained that my scalp was very greasy. I had to confess to her that I haven't been washing my hair because I couldn't decide when I was going to cut my hair.

On my way to the hairdresser, with my mind filled with 'to have a fringe or not to have', I met a secondary schoolmate at Lavender MRT Station. Surprisingly, he lives around there. We exchanged abit of information about ourselves: he's divorced and he knew that I've remarried. We also exchanged numbers and agreed to come out for a coffee when we are free. His appearance half convinced me that I should keep a fringe. I used to have fringe when I was schooling - all the way through 'A' levels. And I always thought I look better with fringe. Just that when you get used to a type of look, it becomes difficult and scary to change. When I first saw what I looked like in the mirror, I gave a silent laugh. My elder sister and William also laughed when they saw me. But they thought I looked nice, and better, with the fringe. I'll post a picture of myself next time. I'll be going to a photography session with Coco this Friday.

No comments: