Thursday 25 November 2010

We love Swensen's (despite their non-stellar service)

I have a confession: we go to Swensen's quite often.

I know it's sinful. While others suffer and die of starvation, and my colleague struggles with her livelihood, we splurge on dinners that cost an average of $70 every other, if not every, week.

But we (Coco and I) really love their Salmon and mushroom baked rice. Oh, and ice-cream - for me. Do you know how many years I have suppressed my love for ice-cream for the sake of not tempting my asthmatic daughter? Do you know how mountaineous a challenge that is for someone who loves confectionaries and ice-creams?

One day, I decided that, like Metro Man (in MegaMind), I don't want to be a superhero mummy anymore. I have a choice: I want to eat ice-cream, even if it happens right in front of my dearie's eyes.

Okay, over with the drama.

These are what we typically eat at Swensen's:

Cream of mushroom
Chicken baked rice

Salmon and mushroom baked rice - Coco's never-fail-to order

Rodeo wings
I don't fancy fries, but they become irresistible when Swensen's pairs them up with barbeque sauce and salad cream. A combination of sweet and subtly sour taste. Nice!

Her favourite activity, at Swensen's

My all-time favourite flavour: chocolate malt

No comments: