Tuesday 13 September 2011

A Beautiful Life

I am down with stomach flu. Had the chills, fever, vomitting and diarrhoea.

Was miserable. The only good thing that can come out of this stomach flu would be losing the kilos I have not been able to, because I have had only one meal yesterday at 10.30am, which a friend suspected might have been the infected agent, and today, only a little miserably bland, white porridge with light soy sauce.

It feels like going through confinement again, except that I don't eat very much - weak, exhausted, sickly.

I played Zuma Blitz on Facebook for 5 hours straight, until I came across a beautiful beautiful blog. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks as I read through the woman's birth story of her Down Syndrome baby.

She's not just amazing. I had thought that one of her readers had exaggerated the impact of her blog when she said that the blogger had touched thousands of lives with what she wrote.

But she was right.

So many of us would have thought it injustified to have a DS baby born to us. Nobody stops to think how injustified the baby feels - to be born with DS. And it's not his or her fault.

Tears just flowed when I reached:

Love me. Love me. I'm not what you expected, but oh, please love me.

How quickly we forget that a baby needs love more than an average human being does, especially when we are faced with a baby with special needs.

The blogger, who is also a photographer, has a beautiful soul indeed.

Lord, make me beautiful.

No comments: