Thursday 8 December 2011

For the record

... he has been nice to me lately. At least, we are not fighting five to seven days a week.

After so many years of an unhappy marriage, I seem to be able to have a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel. Let's hope it's not a train instead.

After he quit the teaching service, he has been happier. He only told me about the cutting words that his bosses had 'bestowed' upon him after he left the service. I felt that perhaps I myself had not been an understanding and supportive partner to him either. We were watching Channel Five 'You, Me and Dupree'. The husband became a different person after marriage because his father-in-law, who was his boss, thrust him with unreasonable demands. It made me wonder if his working environment with callous colleagues had really been contributing to his irresponsible behaviour and being an insensitive and uncaring husband. When under stress, the marriage would also be strained.

I guess both he and I were worried about his source of income when he went private, but he appears to be doing okay now. At least he does not ask me for money to pay bills.

He is definitely not a romantic. It is painful for a romantic-at-heart to be stuck with someone like that, truly.

You may ask,"Then why did you marry him in the first place if you had known him to be unromantic?"

I did suspect that he was not a romantic.

I told him my concern about the issue. My ex was not a romantic and I swore secretly never to be with another unromantic - boy or man.

He gave me his word that he would respect the romantic protocols ie. birthdays, Valentine's Day, anniversaries.

He had not. In fact, I had to ask him, after six years of marriage,"Do you know when our wedding anniversary is?"

It's quite sad, really. I even read of a Facebook friend who has a "proposal anniversary" which naturally stirred up a lot of woos and ahhs from other envious Facebookers, me included definitely.

He did, eventually, suggest to eat out at Buckeroo.

I had really meant to give him credit for buying me a cake for my birthday and a western meal out, and after that, the meal at Buckeroo for our anniversary. I really wanted to make it a happy post, but I don't know why - it simply degenerates into one that is not that joyous after all.

Anyway, I want to say that he has made attempts to make the marriage go on somewhat.

No comments: