Friday 2 December 2011

Much Ado about the Study

I don't understand why we can't ever sit down and talk things out calmly, nicely.

We just 'discussed' envisionment of future study loudly, so loudly that our neighbours could hear.

It's just envisioning. And we cannot talk it out nicely.

He had signed a non-interference agreement on renovation matter 5 years ago when he messed up the renovation with his fly-by-night contractor. But I know for sure he would criticise non-stop if I overlook his convenience when doing up cupboards. I tried to ask for his opinion but he said he was fine with EVERYTHING I do - he would just add in more wires and pull them all over the place if his convenience was compromised.

I am about to spend $4000 to $5000 on the study because his Toyogo boxes, wires, backpacks and whatnots are dumped haphazardly into the study.

He blames me for not giving him space in the storeroom.

But he did not ask for any space when we did up the storeroom. When I started organising my things in the storeroom, he did not say that he needed any space. He claimed to need all the Toyogo boxes and wires and whatnots all the time.

Now he also blames me for occupying the upper compartment in our bedroom wardrobe with soft toys. The compartment was empty, waiting to be filled up 5 years ago. And he had nothing to fill them up.

The study was a void, till he started throwing his ring files, assessment books, Toyogo boxes, tool boxes and whatnots into it.

It looks like a storeroom now, except that it is messier than a storeroom.

I hate to show the ugly side of my house, but nothing but these pictures will do justice to my grievances:
 Toyogo boxes, tool boxes and messy wires on the right hand side
 Piling of books and papers and bags, pencil case etc
Even the legroom under the study table is not spared!

No word can describe my frustration of working and living with such mess.

And we are talking about a lot of money to revamp the study. And it's my money. He behaves like it's coming free and ignores my feelings and desire of having an organised, presentable study.

I am disappointed that for all his attempt at trying to make me happy on my birthday just a couple of days ago, he is still as boorish and insensitive as ever.

A leopard cannot - to me, it's more like 'does not want to' - change its spots.

No comments: