Wednesday 16 July 2014

Grohe = Fantastic After-Sales Service

I am totally impressed with Grohe Singapore.

I was quite concerned after hearing from Irene of Heritage Bathroom Gallery that 5 in 10 of her customers complained about the inaccuracy of the cool-touch thermostat featured in Euphoria Shower System.

See that short horizontal stick at the bottom? That's the thermostat.

I called up Asia Excel Marina that I bought my Grohe from more than a year ago and asked about the problem, and if it could be rectified. The nice lady Lena said that the plumber could calibrate it for me. She said that it would cost $150 for the Grohe plumber to install the rain shower, and if it's installed, she could check for me how much it cost to calibrate the thermostat alone.

So, I asked my Creative (the company) plumber to calibrate the thermostats. In all sincerity, he brought a thermometer along, as advised by Lena.

After he was done, he asked me to the common bathroom and explained to me that I should not turn the temperature knob ever again as he had adjusted the temperature to the stated 38 degree celsius on the thermostat!

I looked at the thermostat and knew that it wasn't adjusted. The knob was at the 'cold water' position, but it's very warm - like how it was like before he 'adjusted'.

So I knew that a call to Grohe was inevitable, unless I was happy with the 'adjustment'.

I gave them a call on Saturday, and a guy Mun returned my call on Monday.

I was busy and he called again on Tuesday. He asked me for my address and said that he would send Uncle Tang down at 4pm.

I asked him about the cost of calibrating the thermostats and if they were covered under the 5-year warranty.

He replied,"Product warranty is one thing. And service is another. BUT you just LEAVE THE REST TO US."

As usual, I had to have an answer,"So how much do I have to pay?"

He insisted,"You just leave the rest to us lah."

I was quite assured.

Uncle Tang came down at 4.30pm.

He opened the side of the thermostats and turned the knobs to 38 degree celsius when the water is comfortably warm for a cold day.

He asked me to test the water and checked if I was comfortable with the temperature of the water. I could also turn the knobs to 'cold' if I want colder water.

After I gave my consent, he put the screws back and capped the sides.

And his job was done!

I am really impressed with Grohe's after-sales service! What a "Leave the rest to us"!

No comments: