Tuesday 11 October 2016

Days without sgpokemap

The days without Lapras, Snorlax and Chansey are long ...
 
So bored was I that I actually went out to get the Hitmon brothers.
 
Some Pokemon Go players accuse those who use maps to find out where the mons are as hypocrites, that we condemn cheaters who play by spoofing and botting but we are actually using a device that is made possible because someone else spoofs on our behalf.

I think that's crazy. 

Can I then say that all students cheat because they have textbooks or materials for exam preparation? Someone else has written the answers in those books or materials so if any student uses them, he is a cheater.

It's what you do with the device that matters.

So what if I see the mons on the map? I don't move a joystick and get myself to a Dragonite 10km away in five seconds and catch it at the tap of my finger.

The map is just for me to check if there are any rare mons near me within a reasonable span of time so that I could run for it and be there physically to catch it.

Pokemon Go is, like any other game, just a game. We use aiding devices like maps to help us detect the mons. How's that cheating? Walking around aimlessly and hoping to bump into a rare is not my idea of fun. 

It's plain stupid.

No comments: