Sunday 2 October 2016

Uninvited to a Rare Party

Today, the rare mons taught me a very important life philosophy:


命里有时终须有,

命里无时莫强求。


If it's meant to be yours, it will be yours;

If it's not meant to be, there's no point forcing it.


The first time when Lapras came near my place, I was asleep.


The second time when she came to the same spot, I was bathing.


The third time when she came, nearer than ever, I was out!


As if that's not enough - we are talking about Lapras here, Chansey appeared, not that near, but still achievable if I had walked quickly.


And I won't talk about the Lapras that appeared further down. I might not have got it anyway.


But, Aerodactyle came. Near my place. And I was at Baby's swimming class!


Alright. Enough is enough, you say?


No. Snorlax came - at my request, within a comfortable leisure walk. But I was not home!


Fine. You've had enough fun making fun of me. It's time you let it up.


No. Chansey came by again to tease me!


Urghhh ...


When I reached home, I checked the sgpokemap diligently for rare spawns and hoped that they spawned again.


True enough! Snorlax the old and faithful turned up again! Within a good distance too!


I dashed out, determined to catch him.

 

And he didn't play hard to get with any of us.

 

The Snorlax crowd

 

The vehicles streamed in for the big boy

 

Anxious players honking the cars in front


 

At about 1am, William and I were quite done with Pokemon-catching. When Porygon turned up near our place, we intended to call it a day and go back home after nabbing it.


At about 1.45am, Lapras turned up about 13 minutes walk-and-run away from my house.


We ran out for it. It was a sweat-like-crazy walk-and-run journey, but after a few berries and ultra balls, my Lapras ran away!

 

Sigh ...


William said its feelings was hurt by my vicious words,"CP so low!"


 

You wouldn't have thought it was 2am at my estate.


Lapras came to the estate five times in one day and I didn't manage to catch it once! How else do you explain it if it's not affinity?


Well! Some day, she will be mine again, with high CP too!

2 comments:

Karmeleon said...

LOL - wah, really run har? If I see 13mins away - I'd say forget it. hehhe. Hate to go to see it expire.

Victreebel has been the one that I cannot catch. Eat berries and all my ultra balls then ran away. *Poof*. Oh well. 2x already.

Rain said...

13 min is quite enough to run and catch in my area most of the time, just that by the time we reach the mon, we are likely to be panting like a dog and perspiring like crazy.

Evolved mons tend to be more difficult to catch. A CP 269 Blastoise just got away last night after an ultra ball and berry!

Victreebel can be evolved by collecting more tau gay so it's not so bad :)