Thursday 6 October 2016

Exploration

 
I was chasing Lapras when I realised it was going to be a fruitless effort.

I alighted the bus and started the journey home.

On my way back, I saw on the map that there were small and narrow routes that I had never bothered to explore but there have been occasional sightings of Aerodactyle and perhaps one other rare mon on these routes.

So I decided to slow down and looked around.

I happened to spot this fine stump which reminded me of 'The Giving Tree'.

Incidentally, I wondered if I have become a stump for giving of myself so much to my siblings.

I thought it could make a fine spot for Coco and Baby to take pictures at!

Alas, it was on a steep slope! Nice pictures are not worth risking a life for.

 
I live beside a somewhat lush forest, and some areas are not that densely occupied by greenery. I decided to venture into the safer part of the forest beside the road.

I discovered a saga seed tree with very few seeds on the ground thickly covered by dead leaves.
 

And I saw some beautiful, quaint houses. 

I walked up a short flight of steps leading to more of such houses.

Unfortunately, there was a sign at the end of the steps prohibiting photography and feeding of wildlife. I had to respect that.

The area looked like a quiet world where time had stood still. Each bungalow had a plot of land of its own. Each house was oozing 'privacy'.

The roads were clean and quiet. Only one Caucasian man was standing around, seemingly to be waiting for someone. When he saw me, he acknowledged my presence by nodding his head at me and mouthing 'hello'.

I walked slowly on the quiet road that was otherwise undisturbed.

It reminded me of the countryside in some European countries.

Having lived in the estate for more than 10 years, I have not explored this part of the neighbourhood. I had always thought it was a private housing area and I could be charged for trespassing if I ever walked up.

If not for Pokemon Go, I don't think I would ever have the guts to explore this part of my neighbourhood.

No comments: