Monday 16 December 2019

Review on Osaka Dai-ichi Hotel

We checked into this hotel on Day 4 when we would spend most of our days travelling out of Osaka.

In hindsight, it was not that necessary. The multiple changes in hotels were quite troublesome. I think if I could do it again, I would just continue to use the first hotel as the base although it was not the best in terms of space.
There was an exit from Umeda Station near the hotel but alas, we could never figure out which one it was. On one of the nights, we even walked for one hour around the place just to look for the hotel! It was meant to be a 5 to 7 minutes' walk!
There were 2 huge beds and one sofa bed. The beds in Japan were all hard. Baby said she woke up with bodyaches as the beds were too hard. Well, I didn't pay for a four-star hotel, so I couldn't complain. I wouldn't have noticed that the beds were hard if not for Baby complaining though.

For 4 nights, the stay cost about $723-$730 (56, 455 yen).



As far as I can recall, only Japan hotels provide hair conditioner and this is common throughout our stay.

Of all the hotels, the staff at this hotel were the only ones who made me feel important as a customer. They would direct you to the first available staff at the reception when they see you near the reception, even when you have no intention of going to the reception!

They processed our luggage transfer very quickly, within 5 to 10 minutes, knowing that time is precious to tourists.
One of the staff measuring our luggage to courier to Kyoto. The delivery of luggage cost about $100.

As this hotel was our base to travel out of Osaka, I didn't research much on the good eats near the hotel. It was after we moved on to other hotels that I found that there were quite a few recommended eateries near there. Oh well!

Comparing this hotel that's in Umeda and Hotel IL'Cuore which is in Namba, I do feel that there were more things to see and explore at Namba. Namba is livelier and noisier compared to Umeda, although they are just 15 minutes away from each other. Thus, I would recommend staying in Namba for a leisure trip to Osaka.

No comments: